Table of Content
- 1 Pakistan book a place in the Super Four in the Asia Cup 2022
- 2 Player of the Match
- 3 Score Summary
- 4 ind vs pak
- 5 List of 5 Indian Super Records in International Cricket that Pakistan Cannot Break
- 6 Asia Cup 2022: Pakistan hold their nerves in another thrilling contest to beat India by two wickets
- 7 Rahul Dravid Support Virat: We can’t do anything if you criticize Virat Kohli – Says Rahul Dravid
- 8 Five most interesting India-Pakistan players Comments
- 9 IND vs PAK Prediction: The Indian team’s playing XI for the Super 4 match against Pakistan
- 10 India vs Pakistan Super 4 On Sunday, 4th September. Are You Ready To Book Tickets? It’s Official now!
- 11 IND vs PAK Tickets Asia Cup 2022 on sale now | Match Day 4th Sep 2022 | Super 4 on 4th
- 12 Virat Kohli can never be like Suryakumar Yadav or Rohit – according to Ex-PAK Player
- 13 Asia Cup IND vs PAK Poll on Sunday, 4th Sep 2022
- 14 India Vs Pakistan Poll – Asia cup 2022
Pakistan storm into the Super Four: The last game of the group stages of the Asia Cup 2022 saw Pakistan lock horns against Hong Kong at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah. A solid all-round performance from Pakistan saw them defeat Hong Kong comprehensively to book a place in the super four stage.
Pakistan got off to a steady start after being asked to bat first. They lost their skipper Babar Azam on nine in the third over. Mohammad Rizwan along with Fakhar Zaman started the recovery work as they scored 40 at the end of the powerplay.
Both took some time to settle but teed off once they got their eye in. Both brought up their respective fifties and laid a foundation for a strong finish. Zaman departed on 53 in the 17th over and Khushdil Shah played a sensational cameo in the end. Both Rizwan and Shah remained unbeaten on 78 (57) and 35 (15) to power their side to 193 at the end of their 20 overs. Ehsan Khan bowled well and finished with two wickets to his name.
It was a monumental task ahead of Hong Kong against a fiery Pakistan’s bowling attack. The Hong Kong batters faltered in the chase as none of them adapted to the conditions and got going. The game was done and dusted in the 11th over as Hong Kong were bundled out on 38, their lowest score in T20Is.
None of the Hong Kong batters managed to get to double digits. Shadab Khan starred with the ball for Pakistan, finishing with figures of 4/8 in his 2.4 overs. Naseem Shah and Mohammad Nawaz picked up two and three wickets respectively to help their side get a massive win by 155 runs.
Pakistan book a place in the Super Four in the Asia Cup 2022
Pakistan lost their opening game against India but bounced back to beat Hong Kong comprehensively to advance to the super four stage of the ongoing Asia Cup. They outplayed the Hong Kong side completely and will look to repeat their performance when they will lock horns against their arch-rivals India on Sunday.
Pakistan storm into the Super Four and It is official that India will face Pakistan on SundayAsia Cup Double Treat On Sunday – IND VS PAK
Hong Kong showed a spirited fight against the Indians in their opening game but looked out of sorts against Pakistan. Their bowlers failed to keep a check on the scoring rate in the slog overs and the batters faltered, resulting in them getting knocked out of the competition. They would have learned a lot from playing against these teams in the Asia Cup 2022.
Player of the Match
Mohammad Rizwan was named the player of the match for his well-composed innings of 78* off 57 balls.
Most important thing for us is to assess conditions. Our effort is to forget the format and assess conditions. Plan in the first 10 overs was to play with straight bat. Ball was keeping low. Being the main player, you have to take responsibility. You look at what the team demands.– Mohammad Rizwan
Very good win for us. Weren’t able to get our shots away initially with the bat. Our plan is for batters at the top to play at the end. Becomes easier for those coming in. Naseem and Dahani are performing really well having made debuts very recently.– Babar Azam, Pakistan Skipper
Pakistan: 193/2 (20)
(Mohammad Rizwan 78*, Fakhar Zaman 53, Ehsan Khan 2/28)
Hong Kong: 38 (10.4)
(Nizakat Khan 8, Kinchit Shah 6, Shadab Khan 4/8)
Pakistan beat Hong Kong by 155 runs.