Teams Competing In The Asia Cup Final after Afghanistan Vs Pakistan Super 4 Thrilling match

Rate this post

Teams Competing In The Asia Cup Final: On September 7th, Pakistan and Afghanistan competed in an important Super 4 match at the Asia Cup 2022 in the United Arab Emirates. Afghanistan struggled to 129/6 in the allotted 20 overs after Pakistan won the toss and declared to bowl first.

  • The openers Hazaratullah 21 (17) and Gurbaz 17 (11) scored a few runs
  • Middle order players Ibrahim Jadran 35 (37), Janat 15 (19), and Najibullah Jadran 10 (11) did not play well.
  • Haris Raoob took two wickets for Pakistan who bowled well.

Pakistan was expected to win easily chasing an easy target of 130 but captain Babar Azam stunned Golden Duck in the first over. Taking advantage of it, Afghanistan bowled more quality and dismissed key players at regular intervals including Baqar Zaman(5), Mohammad Rizwan (20), Ahmed (30), and Shatab Khan (30), without allowing them to score big runs.

Pakistan struggled, so the next players including Mohammad Nawaz (4), Asif Ali (16), Khushdil Shah (1), and Hareez Raoob (0), were out in a few runs shocking Pakistan. In the end, Pakistan lost 9 wickets and there was a lot of excitement in the match when Farooqui Yarker tried to throw it and failed to bowl it as a full toss, and 11 runs were needed for victory.

Tail-ender Naseem Shah hit consecutive sixes off the first two balls to seal a thrilling one-wicket victory. So, Ahmed took three wickets, Farooqi took three wickets, and Rashid Khan took two wickets, and Afghanistan’s fight was over in the final over. Earlier in the series, defending champion India won consecutive league round victories but lost consecutive Super 4 round defeats to Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

India is Out

So, India’s chances of reaching the finals were already 99% nil leaving Afghanistan with a 1% chance. Afghanistan who batted brilliantly until 39 overs in yesterday’s match fought for their victory and India’s victory in that situation. So, the dream of Indian fans who had blind faith in luck was shattered when Afghanistan lost in the final over.

Because Pakistan who won the tournament after a comeback had already qualified for the finals by defeating India in their first-ever Super 4 match. After defeating Afghanistan and India, Sri Lanka also advanced to the final. However, India and Afghanistan who have yet to win in the Super 4 round have exited the series before their final match leaving both countries’ fans disappointed.

Grand Final

Teams Competing In The Asia Cup Final: India which was expected to easily win the trophy and retain the title due to the presence of world-class players in comparison to other teams such as Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Afghanistan has now finished the match against Afghanistan and must pack a box bed to return home.

Sri Lanka defeated India in a thrilling contest

Pakistan entered into final after winning the nail-bitting, low score thriller against Afghanistan in Sharjah.

At the same time, Pakistan and Sri Lanka both of which have played exceptionally well in this hotly contested series are set to compete for the trophy in the grand finale which will take place on September 11 at 7:30 PM IST in Dubai.

You may also like...

MI Emirates Team, Coach, Jersey, Head, Management and All you need to know about MI Emirates Top Five things we learned from the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar FIFA World Cup 2022 Champion – Messi’s Argentina Argentina vs Croatia, World Cup 2022 Semi-Final Highlights FIFA World Cup Live Streaming