Top 10: The Best Active Cricket Commentators
Who are all the Best Cricket Commentators in the current Cricket World?
Over the year, cricket has been blessed with a abundance of legendary commentators like Ian Smith, Harsha, Bishop, Doull, Holding and many more. Here is the list of Top 10 Best commentators in the world.
Commentary. It adds so much sparkle to the ongoing action on the cricket field. In fact, it would be extremely tough for all of us to imagine how our viewing experience would be, if not for the voices behind the microphone.
Here is the list of greatest and the Best Cricket commentators with huge fan base across all the cricket format both in domestic and international cricket.
The Commentators play a vital role in a Live Cricket match be it Test or One Day or T20I. Their voice quality, mode, pace, cricket insights, biasedness, sense of humor in their presentation has a great impact on listeners.
- Danny Morrison
- Danny Morrison is a regular feature in the high-profile IPL every year and is a distinguished commentator from the land of the Kiwis.
- Morrison is a man who is always lively and provides energy to the game.
- Nasser Hussain
- A former England captain and good commentator.
- Nasser Hussain has shifted to the world of broadcasting after a cricketing career that lasted close to a decade and a half at the international level.
- Hussain received a lot of flak and was accused of hurting Indian sentiments when he called some Indian players as ‘donkeys’ in a Test match between India and England in the year 2011.
- Michael Atherton
- A former cricketer who has had an extremely successful stint at the commentary box.
- Atherton is a regular voice behind the microphone for any international match involving the England cricket team.
- The former England skipper was a part of the commentary team for 2007, 2011, 2015 and the 2019 World Cup tournaments.
- Read More about Asia Cup 2022
- Rameez Raja
- Ramiz Hasan Raja is a former Pakistani cricketer
- Currently serving as the 36th Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board
- Become an articulate voice of Pakistan the world over as a television commentator.
- Ian Bishop
- Ian Raphael Bishop is a Trinidadian cricket commentator
- Former cricketer who represented the West Indies cricket team
- Commentator-cum-cricket pundit Ian Bishop was the centre of attention for West Indies cricket
- Ian Bishop has been in the commentary box narrating some of the finest moments in cricket history.
- Simon Doull
- He is a regular voice behind the microphone in every international fixture involving New Zealand.
- Simon Doull is an erudite, and straight forward commentator who has deep knowledge and understanding about the game.
- The 51-year-old has represented New Zealand in 32 Tests and 42 ODIs.
- Apart from New Zealand matches, Doull has lent his voice for the Indian Premier League right from the inaugural edition in 2008.
- Michael Holding
- Michael Holding played 60 Tests for the West Indies and took 249 wickets in the whites.
- He was a part of the fearsome pace quartet of the West Indies.
- He was called ‘Whispering Death’ and made several batsmen tremble when he ran in.
- Mark Nicholas
- Surprisingly, he has not played a single match at the international level.
- Mark Nicholas played 377 first-class games and scored a staggering 18262 runs at a respectable average of 34.39.
- Nicholas is instantly recognizable as the man who is the voice of EA Sports Cricket game.
- Nicholas is a respected commentator of Channel 9 and is seen lending his voice for several high profile tours at the international level.
- Nicholas was also a part of the commentary team for the 2020 edition of the IPL.
- Ian Smith
- Ian David Stockley Smith MBE is a New Zealand cricket commentator and former cricketer.
- The way Ian Smith described cricket action is enough to make your hair stand.
- A reliable wicket-keeper and a steely batsman lower order the order
- Ian Smith figured in 63 Tests and 98 ODIs for New Zealand.
- Harsha Bhogle
- Harsha Bhogle (born 19 July 1961) is an Indian cricket commentator and journalist.
- He will qualify as the greatest Indian commentator ever.
- The Indian commentator is going strong at the age of 59.
- Apart from being a commentator, Bhogle is also an anchor and a columnist and investor in fantasy app
- The greatest cricket commentators across all format and exclusively for IPL