IPL Auction guidelines: Guidelines has been issued by BCCI for all 10 team (franchise) ahead of the IPL Auction which is going to be held on February 12 and 13 in Bangalore including bio-bubble procedures.
The IPL auction is watched by millions and fans are eager to know which player is going where. In particular, this year’s auction is important because the teams will be restructured and that training will be interesting to watch.
Before the mega auction, let us see what new guidelines and rules the BCCI and IPL governing body have laid out for all the ten teams.
The IPL 2022 auction will take place in a bio-bubble.
- The officials representing the franchises will have to clear COVID-19 tests with negative RT-PCR report on February 9, 10 and 11. The testing will be conducted by BCCI-accredited medical agency.
- No Right to Match (RTM) option will be available for the team in this auction.
- Only 3 players have been allowed to be retained by the original eight IPL teams while the two new teams have been allowed 3 draft picks ahead of the auction. It means all the teams will start with a clean slate at the auction.
- The IPL 2022 purse has been raised to Rs 90 crore from Rs 80 crore to accommodate more players, especially from the domestic circuit.
- Participants who have returned to India after overseas trips in the last 15 days will have to undergo 7-day mandatory quarantine and test negative on Day 8 and 9 (twice).
- BCCI will keep a close watch on those arriving at the team hotel on February 11. They will be monitored for COVID-19 symptoms.
- The testing will be conducted between 12 am to 7 am to ensure smooth conduct of the IPL 2022 auction on February 12 and 13. The members will stay in their rooms until declared negative for the virus.
- All the attendees will have to share full details including COVID vaccination results (if any) with the BCCI medical team.
- All the participants will have to wear masks in the auditorium at the auction table.
For all IPL mega auction 2022 related stories, click here