Sunrisers Hyderabad Players Tests Positive; Six Close Contacts Isolated in Dubai on September 22, 2021
Sunrisers Hyderabad player tests positive; six close contacts isolated
Natarajan tested positive:
Sunrisers Hyderabad player T Natarajan tested positive for COVID-19 at a scheduled RT-PCR test. The player has isolated himself from the rest of the squad. He is currently asymptomatic.
The medical team has identified the below mentioned six close contacts of the player, who have also been placed in isolation:
1. Vijay Shankar – Player
2. Vijay Kumar – Team Manager
3. Shyam Sundar J – Physiotherapist
4. Anjana Vannan – Doctor
5. Tushar Khedkar – Logistics Manager
6. Periyasamy Ganesan – Net Bowler
The rest of the contingent including the close contacts underwent RT-PCR tests at 5AM local time this morning and the test reports are negative. As a result, tonight’s game between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Delhi Capitals will go ahead at the Dubai International Stadium, Dubai.
IPL Media Advisory – www.iplt20.com
News Headlines about COVID in IPL 2021 Dubai – Natarajan tested positive
- IPL 2021 Cricket: First COVID case hits IPL, but Dubai match to go ahead – Al Jazeera
- Sunrisers Hyderabad’s Thangarasu Natarajan is the first Indian Premier League player to test positive just ahead of match with Delhi Capitals.
- IPL 2021: Sunrisers Hyderabad’s T Natarajan Tests Positive – NDTV
- Fans expressed fears over the threats posed by COVID-19 to IPL 2021’s UAE leg after Sunrisers Hyderabad’s T Natarajan tested positive for the virus.
- IPL | SRH pacer Natarajan tests COVID-19 positive – The Hindu
- Sunrisers Hyderabad pacer T. Natarajan has tested positive for COVID-19. Despite him and all-rounder Vijay Shankar — identified among six close contacts — being unavailable, the Sunrisers’ Indian Premier League match against Delhi Capitals will be played as per schedule on Wednesday night