India (IND) vs New Zealand (NZ) 1st Test, Day 1 Highlights: Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja have both scored half centuries to help India in a steady start. IND vs NZ 1st Test Live from Kanpur. First day of Test starting with healthy strike-rotation by Indian batters. Iyer takes off from Kanpur, as he looks confident against New Zealand. The debutant starts with a four against Rachin Ravindra and completed his fifty on his debut. He is the 303rd Debutant for India. The partnership between Jadeja and Iyer was 113 off 208 balls for the fifth wicket during stumps for the day.
Live 1st Test Day 1, New Zealand tour of India at Kanpur, Nov 25-29 2021. Match days | 25,26,27,28,29 November 2021 (5-day match). On Day1 of 1st Test in Kanpur, India score 258/4 at stumps. SS Iyer on 75 and Jadeja on 50. Team India returns to red-ball action on Thursday with the steady 1st Test in Kanpur on Day 1.
NZ lose 4th consecutive toss vs India. First Test of New Zealand tour of India 2021 series is also lost to Rahane. Rahane opt to bat first after winning the toss on today at Green Park Stadium. It is an international standards Cricket stadium of Kanpur, India
India Vs NZ 1st Test Day 1 of Kanpur Test Highlights
- Green Park Stadium, Kanpur Pitch Report: Kanpur pitch is expected to support spin bowlers from the second day itself. However, there is expected to be some help for seamers initially because of the moisture in the wicket in Kanpur.
- India won the toss and elected to bat first here in Kanpur.
- Agarwal Wicket – 13 (28): Jamieson’s got his first wicket in Asia. Superb bowling, he’s deserved it. Length ball in the corridor, straightens just a touch, and Agarwal, pressing half-forward, plays away from his body, somewhere between a defensive shot and an attempted push into the covers. Thin edge through to Blundell, and Agarwal walks off after a brief chat with his partner – maybe he wasn’t sure he felt the edge? Seemed quite a clear edge, though 21/1
- Shubman Gill 52 of 93: 29.6 bowled him, this is a terrific delivery from Jamieson! Another in-ducker, his third of the over, but this one is the fullest, on the fuller side of a good length outside off, and just nipping in off the deck. Gill isn’t fully forward to defend this, he’s just landed on his heel when he plays it, and that ends up causing a gap to form between bat and pad. Off the inside edge to disturb the furniture 82/2
- Pujara 26 of 88: 37.4 got him, huge wicket for Southee! Terrific delivery, fullish and straightening in the corridor. Pujara presses forward to defend, and he gets a thin outside edge that just about carries to Blundell. Williamson had just brought Southee on, and the change works immediately. Pujara usually lets the ball hit his bat when he defends, but on this occasion the bat slightly went towards the ball, with harder hands than usual 106/3
- Rahane 35 of 63: 49.2 doesn’t get away with it the next ball. Chopped on! He will be bitterly disappointed with that shot. Away from his body, and the ball also keeps a bit low. It was a harmless length ball outside off. Jamieson has bowled much better balls today without any kind of reward. Rahane is disconsolate as he walks off. This has been a good innings, but like so many in recent times, he is gone before making it count 145/4
- Middle Orders: The two batters have been rotating the strike nicely since the start of third session among Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja on day 1 of first Test in Kanpur
- Read also about World Test Championship Ind vs NZ
- Good session for New Zealand, this. Kyle Jamieson picked two while Tim Southee removed Cheteshwar Pujara as New Zealand struck thrice in the second session.
- With Rahane also back in pavilion, the onus is now on debutant Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja to steer India out of trouble.
- KL Rahul’s injury shifts focus on to Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane
- And he’s gone on the very next delivery. Bowled! Jamieson gets his third. Wide outside-off from Jamieson and Rahane atempts the cut, but the ball deflects past the bottom edge onto the stumps. India 145/4 in 49.2 overs
- Jamieson strikes again! Gill out on 52. Brilliant start yet again from the Kiwi quick. He breaches through Shubman Gill’s defence, targetting the opener’s front foot. Pitches it marginally outside off-stump, drawing Gill to play a front-foot defence; however, Gill finds a huge inside-edge and gets castled.
- Kyle Jamieson leads New Zealand’s working over of India on tricky track
- Kanpur curator ‘confident’ India-New Zealand Test won’t end inside three days
- Over 2.3: Review by India (Batting), Umpire – VK Sharma, Batter – Shubman Gill (Upheld)
- Drinks: India – 36/1 in 14.0 overs (Shubman Gill 16, CA Pujara 5)
- India: 50 runs in 16.5 overs (103 balls), Extras 2
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 89 balls (Shubman Gill 41, CA Pujara 9, Ex 0)
- Shubman Gill: 50 off 81 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Lunch: India – 82/1 in 29.0 overs (Shubman Gill 52, CA Pujara 15)
- India: 100 runs in 36.3 overs (223 balls), Extras 5
- Over 39.3: Review by New Zealand (Bowling), Umpire – Nitin Menon, Batter – AM Rahane (Struck down)
- Drinks: India – 122/3 in 43.0 overs (AM Rahane 19, SS Iyer 7)
- Over 49.1: Review by India (Batting), Umpire – Nitin Menon, Batter – AM Rahane (Upheld)
- Over 52.5: Review by New Zealand (Bowling), Umpire – VK Sharma, Batter – SS Iyer (Struck down – Umpires Call)
- India: 150 runs in 52.6 overs (322 balls), Extras 5
- Tea: India – 154/4 in 56.0 overs (SS Iyer 17, RA Jadeja 6)
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 97 balls (SS Iyer 32, RA Jadeja 17, Ex 1)
- SS Iyer: 50 off 94 balls (6 x 4)
- India: 200 runs in 67.6 overs (412 balls), Extras 6
- Drinks: India – 215/4 in 72.0 overs (SS Iyer 54, RA Jadeja 29)
- 50 Comes for Jadeja.
- STUMPS on Day 1, India 258/4 in 84 overs
- Jadeja unsheaths the sword celebration as he raises his 17th Test half century.
- 100 partnership between Jadeja and Iyer
Fall of wickets: 1-21 (Mayank Agarwal, 7.5 ov), 2-82 (Shubman Gill, 29.6 ov), 3-106 (Cheteshwar Pujara, 37.4 ov), 4-145 (Ajinkya Rahane, 49.2 ov)
Watch India Vs NZ 1st Test Day 1 live cricket on ESPN+ in the US. Live cricket Score India vs New Zealand Ind vs NZ 1st Test, Day 1: Where and how to Watch Live Cricket Streaming, Catch Ind vs NZ live Match in India and US
India vs New Zealand is available in India on Disney +hotstar and live streaming on Diney + Hotstar app in India in all the regions and major languages.
This Test Match in Kanpur is part of two Series such as
You May Also Interested to Read
- Algeria beat Tunisia to clinched the trophy FIFA Arab Cup 2021
- India Clinch the Trophy 1-0 Vs New Zealand in Paytm Test Series
- India vs New Zealand 2nd Test Match Tickets – Wankhede Stadium Mumbai (Season Pass)
- Wankhede Stadium Tickets | India Vs New Zealand – How To Book 2nd Test Tickets Online
- IND vs NZ Tickets | 2nd Test Match in Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai