World Test Championship: The ICC World Test Championship is a league competition for Test cricket run by the International Cricket Council, which started on 1 August 2019. It is intended to be the premier championship for Test cricket
- When was the WTC final? Fri, 18 Jun, 2021 – Tue, 22 Jun, 20212019–2021 ICC World Test Champion Final
- WTC Final: After winning the four-Test series by a 3-1 margin, India have booked their place in the ICC World Test Championship final, where they will play against New Zealand.
- New Zealand shift focus to WTC final after conquering England
- Michael Vaughan Says “Fancy New Zealand To Beat India” In WTC Final
- India Squad: on Tuesday announced their final 15-man squad for the historic Test against New Zealand, starting June 18 in Southampton. Virat Kohli will lead the squad which also has Hanuma Vihari and Mohammed Siraj.
- Virat Kohli to lead 15-man squad for WTC Final
- No place for KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal and Shardul Thakur
- India to take on New Zealand in the WTC Final in Southampton from June 18
India squad for WTC Final: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant, Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj.
The first tournament began with the 2019 Ashes series. In March 2020, matches were suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, not resuming before July 2020, with several rounds of matches being postponed or ultimately cancelled.
New Zealand became the first team to qualify for the final, when it was confirmed that the series between South Africa and Australia would not proceed, followed by India.
The inaugural World Test Championship Final will be played between India and New Zealand from June 18-22 June 2021 at Ageas Bowl, Southampton, England.
The second ICC World Test Championship will run from July 2021 to June 2023.