Cricket Stadium in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Check out information, tickets, stats, records, end names, arena, venue and other details of Sharjah Stadium, Sharjah on www.ipl.ae
The Sharjah Cricket Stadium is in Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates. It holds the record for the most ODIs hosted in a venue with 236 ODIs up to 19 February 2018. It was originally constructed in the early 1980s and has been much improved over the years. Sharjah Cricket Stadium considered as one of the oldest cricket venue in Middle East.
Phone: +971 6 542 2991
End Names: Pavilion End & Sharjah Club End
Tenants: UAE; Afghanistan
Owner: Sharjah Cricket Association
Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Address: Second Industrial St – Industrial Area – Industrial Area 5 – Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
|Ends||Pavilion End, Sharjah Club End|
|Location||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Time Zone||UTC +04:00|
|Home to||United Arab Emirates|
Timeline – Sharjah Cricket Ground
- 1984 : First Asia Cup – Rothmans Asia Cup
- 1986 : Austral-Asia Cup
- 1986 : First Sharjah Champions Trophy
- 1996 : Pepsi Sharjah Cup, 100th ODI Match hosted at SCS INDIA VS SA, 14th April 1996
- 1997 : Akai-Singer Champions Trophy, First D/N Match, India VS England 11th Dec 1997
- 2002 : Hosted First International Test Match : Pakistan VS West Indies – Jan 31-Feb 4 2002
- 2003 : Cherry Blossom Sharjah Cup
- 2010 : Afghanistan Vs Canada, 200th ODI SCS Match, 18th Feb 2010
- 2011 : Honored Guinness World Record – 20th Nov 2011
- 2012 : ICC World Cricket League – Mar 2012
- 2012 : Celebrities Cricket League(CCL)
- 2013 : Hosted First T20 International – Afghanistan VS Scotland
- 2013 : Sharjah Super Sixes, May 2013
- 2014 : Indian Premier League (IPL), Apr 2014
- 2016 : Masters Champions League(MCL), Feb 2016
- 2016 : Pakistan Super League(PSL), Feb 2016
- 2017 : Pakistan Super League(PSL), Feb 2017
- 2017 : T10 League, Dec 2017
- 2018 : Pakistan Super League(PSL), Feb 2018
- 2018 : Afghanistan Premier League(APL), Oct 2018
- 2018 : T10 League, Nov 2018
- 2019 : Pakistan Super League(PSL), Feb 2019
- 2020 : Indian Premier League(IPL), Sep 2020
- 2021 : Indian Premier League(IPL), Sep 2021 (UAE Leg)
Asia 2022 in Sharjah Cricket Stadium:
Take a look at the host cities and grounds of the Asia Cup 2022. Sharjah Cricket Stadium is the place where Asia Cup has started journer in 1984 and the latest edition of Asia Cup will be played here in Sharjah. Even after 39 years, UAE is expecting more and more cricket. Sharjah Cricket Ground is one of the smallest ground in the world.
Tickets to Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Asia Cup Sharjah Cricket Stadium tickets starting from 60.00 AED. Asia Cup is one of the prestigious T20 tournaments in Asia region. Asia cup ticket Partners in Sharjah for Asia Cup.
How to Buy Asia Cup Tickets through Official website Ticket Partner
- Visit the official website to book ticket
- Click on ‘Tickets’ at the top of the homepage.
- You will be directed to a new webpage of sharjah.platinumlist.net.
- Choose the match you want the tickets for.
- Enter the number of tickets you want and other preference
- Book the Tickets and Enjoy the Match from the Stadium.
Tickets to – Sharjah Cricket Stadium – Platinumlist.net
Ticket Booking Link: https://sharjah.platinumlist.net › event-tickets
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021
The stadium will be one of the dedicated venues for the 2021 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup.
T10 Cricket League
The cricket stadium also hosted the inaugural edition of the T10 cricket league, which is a 90-minute cricket league from 14 to 17 December 2017 featuring several international cricket players.
Blind Cricket World Cup
The stadium also hosted the final of the 2018 Blind Cricket World Cup featuring India and Pakistan with India defeating Pakistan by 2 wickets to secure the Blind Cricket World Cup title. It has 62 metre boundaries in long on and 58 metre in straight. It has 65 metre boundary in mid wicket.
|First Matches||Match Played Date||Played Nation|
|First ODI||06/04/1984||Pakistan v Sri Lanka|
|First Test||31 January – 4 February 2002||Pakistan v West Indies|
|First T20I||03/03/2013||Afghanistan v Scotland|
|First WODI||09/01/2015||Pakistan v Sri Lanka|
|First WT20I||15/01/2015||Pakistan v Sri Lanka|
Book tickets for Sharjah Cricket Stadium, United Arab Emirates for Asia Cup Matches 2022.
How to Reach Sharjah Stadium, Near by Venue details
- Taxi is the best board of transport for fans – Dubai Taxi / Sharjah Taxi.
- Hail a taxi on the street, Book Taxi call Sharjah Taxi on 600 525 252
- Book Taxi for Dubai Taxi Corporation (DTC) – Call 800 88088 Online booking for Dubai Taxi Click Here
- Try to avoid taking cars for Top matches due to crowd and to avoid parking issues
- Nearest Metro Station in Dubai is “Stadium Metro Station, Al Nahda”
- Venue situated boarded between Dubai & Sharjah
- Nearest Mall – Sahara Mall
- Easy Exit for Dubai – Old Emirates Road – E 311 (known in Arabic as شارع ﺇ ٣١١) is a major road in the United Arab Emirates.
- Good security features. Good control measures on COVID-19. Please make sure to read the policy and procedure before visiting stadium during COVID19 Pandemic
did you know that the Sharjah Stadium holds a Guinness World Record for playing host to 200 One Day International matches?Yes, It is one of the Oldest Cricket Stadium in the world and famous Cup organized here was “Sharjah Cup”
Stadium is also can be referred as arena, field, ground, bowl, amphitheater, coliseum, Colosseum, enclosure, ring, dome, astronomer, manege, track, venue, course, racetrack, racecourse, speedway, velodrome, pitch, gayelle, circus, cirque
Stadium in Dubai – Dubai International Stadium