Menu Close

Wriddhiman Saha Controversy: Saha Vs Boria

Saha Controversy
Rate this post

Saha Controversy started after Saha, in a viral tweet, had shared a screenshot of his chat with an unnamed journalist last month.

Wriddhiman Saha Controversy Explained; What Happened?

Veteran Indian wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha, who has alleged that he was intimidated by a journalist for not giving an interview, on Saturday said he has revealed all the details to a BCCI committee probing the matter.

“I have told the committee everything I know. I have shared all the details with them. I can’t tell you much right now. BCCI has asked me not to talk about the meeting outside as they will answer all your queries,” Saha told reporters after appearing before the committee in New Delhi.

A centrally-contracted player, Saha had posted a series of tweets on February 23 to make the charge, following which the BCCI initiated a probe into the matter.

Saha, in an outburst, revealed some classified dressing room conversations with head coach Rahul Dravid. He said that he was told by Dravid in South Africa that he was no longer in the scheme of things.

The wicketkeeper-batter also revealed how Chetan Sharma, the chairman of the national selection committee, told him that they were not considering him anymore.

Saha has recently been demoted to Group C of the BCCI central contracts list.

Saha Vs Boria Majumdar Controversy

Wriddhiman Saha’s screenshot row has taken another turn as journalist Boria Majumdar has filed a defamation case against him. Majumdar took to Twitter on Saturday (March 5) and broke his silence over the controversial matter. He claimed that the screenshots shared by the wicketkeeper-batter are ‘doctored and tampered’ while slamming Saha for harming his reputation.

For the unversed, Saha, who has been dropped from the Indian team for Sri Lanka Tests, shared a screenshot of his chat with an unnamed journalist last month. As per the conversation, the said journalist threatened the 37-year-old when the cricketer didn’t respond to his text or calls. Expressing his disappointment over the matter, Saha questioned the standards of modern-day journalism.

For the uninitiated, Saha, who was dropped from the Indian squad for the Sri Lanka Test, shared a screen shot of his chat with an unnamed journalist last month. According to the conversation, journalist threatened the cricketer when he did not respond to his text or calls. Expressing his disappointment in this matter, Saha questioned the quality of the modern newspaper.

BCCI committee to probe journalist’s threat to Wriddhiman Saha

The BCCI has formed a three-member committee to probe into the allegation of Wriddhiman Saha receiving threats from a journalist, who purportedly sent him a string of WhatsApp messages, demanding an interview.

“The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has today constituted a three-member committee to look into the matter of Wriddhiman Saha receiving threats and intimidation from a senior journalist. The three member committee comprises BCCI Vice-President Mr Rajiv Shukla, BCCI Treasurer Mr Arun Singh Dhumal and BCCI Apex Council Member Mr Prabhtej Singh Bhatia. The committee will start the proceedings as early as next week,” said the cricket board release

Related Posts

Posted in Cricket

Related Posts

Home
Fantasy
Asia Cup
Cricket
Dubai