Google pays tribute on his 93rd Birthday – Sivaji Ganesan Veteran Tamil Actor, Indian Icon W/ Google Doodle
October 1, 2021, Sivaji Ganesan’s 93rd Birthday: Google Celebrates the 93rd birthday of Sivaji Ganesan, one of India’s first method actors and widely considered among the nation’s most influential actors of all time. Sivaji Ganesan is an iconic figure in Tamil and Indian cinema.
On Sivaji Ganesan’s 93rd birth anniversary, a Google Doodle tribute. Google has paid tribute to the legendary thespian by coming up with a Doodle on him.
Veerapandiya Kattabomman Famous dialogue from Sivaji Ganesan
On this day in 1928, Sivaji Ganesan was born as Ganesamoorthy in Villupuram, a town in the southeastern state of Tamil Nadu, India. At a young age of 7, he left home and joined a theater group, where he started playing child and female roles then lead roles. In December 1945, Ganesan made a name for himself–literally–with his theatrical portrayal of 17th-century Indian King Shivaji.
Sivaji Ganesan was known for his versatility and the variety of roles he portrayed on screen.Dr Sivaji Ganesan
This regal stage name stuck and Ganesan carried the crown as “Sivaji” as he conquered the world of acting.
- He made his on-screen debut in the 1952 film “Parasakthi,” the first of his over 300 films spanning a nearly five-decade cinematic career.
- Renowned for his expressive voice and diverse performances in Tamil-language cinema, Ganesan quickly ascended to international fame.
- His best-known blockbusters include the trendsetting 1961 film “Pasamalar,” an emotional, family story considered one of Tamil cinema’s crowning achievements, and
- 1964 film “Navarthri,” Ganesan’s 100th film in which he portrayed a record-breaking, nine different roles.
- In 1960, Ganesan made history as the first Indian performer to win Best Actor at an international film festival for his historical movie “Veerapandiya Kattabomman,” one of his biggest blockbusters with people remembering the dialogues from the movie even today.
Other distinguished accolades came near the end of his career.
- In 1995, France awarded him its highest decoration, Chevalier of the National Order of the Legion of Honour.
- The Indian government in 1997 honored him with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award which is India’s highest award in the field of cinema.
- Today, his legacy is carried on for international audiences through the performances of the many contemporary Indian acting greats who cite Ganesan as a major inspiration.
நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜி பிறந்தநாளில் டூடுல் மூலம் கவுரவித்த கூகுள் | Sivaji Ganesan | Google Doodle
Google Pays tribute to veteran Tamil Actor Sivaji Ganesan w/a doodle
Google today celebrated the 93rd birthday of Sivaji Ganesan, one of India’s first method actors and widely considered among the nation’s most influential actors of all time.
The eye-catching doodle has been created by India-based guest artist Noopur Rajesh Choksi.
Actor Vikram Prabhu, the Sivaji’s grandson, who shared the Doodle on Twitter. “Here is the #Googledoodle honouring the Legendary #SivajiGanesan on his 93rd birthday. Appreciate the people from Google India and their guest artist Noopur Rajesh Choksi for the doodle art. Another proud moment! Love him and miss him more every year,” Prabhu said in his post.
Here is the #Googledoodle honouring the Legend #SivajiGanesan on his 93rd birthday. Appreciate the people from Google India & their guest artist Noopur Rajesh Choksi for the doodle art. Another proud moment!😍 Love him and miss him more every year!❤️🙏 https://t.co/jq7WkUsBCw pic.twitter.com/A1aczdPEPl— Vikram Prabhu (@iamVikramPrabhu) September 30, 2021
Lights, camera, happy birthday, Sivaji Ganesan!Veteran Tamil Actor | Chevaliar |
Born – October 01, 1928 in Soorakkottai, Tamil Nadu, India
Sivaji Ganesan has won 5 awards
- Filmfare Award – Tamil in 1974, Best Actor | Gauravam
- Filmfare Award – Tamil in 1973, Best Actor | Gnana Oli
- Filmfare Award South in 1986. Life time Achievement Award
- National Award in 1996, Dadasaheb Phalke Award
- National Award in 1992 and Special Jury Award | Thevar Magan
The first Indian actor to win a Best Actor award at an international film festival (Afro-Asian Film Festival in Cairo, Egypt), winning for his performance in 1960’s “Veerapandiya Kattabomman”.
“Marlon Brando of south India’s film industry.”Los Angeles Times
Veteran actor Sivaji Ganeshan passed away on July 21, 2001 at the age of 74 after suffering from respiratory problems. The demise of Sivaji Ganesan shocked the whole of Indian cinema.
- Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan – Google Doodle
- The Legacy of Oskar Sala – Google Doodle Celebrates Today – Story
- Oskar Sala 112th Birthday: Google honours ‘one-man orchestra’ with Doodle
- James Webb Space Telescope: Photo of the universe
- Father’s Day 2022 Sunday,19 June | Father’s Day is a holiday honoring fathers
- Google honors iconic Mahmoud Abdel Aziz with a Google Doodle on his 76th Birthday
- Google pays tribute to Indian Mathematician and physicist Satyendra Nath Bose with artistic doodle
- Naziha Salim: Google Doodle Celebrating Naziha Salim, Iraqi Artist, Educator and Author
- Google Doodle Earth Day: Google cares about the climate change impacts on day to day life
- Nowruz: What is Nowruz and why is it Celebrated? | Doodle Today
- Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022 Begins! – Google
- Google Doodle: Today’s Doodle celebrates Japanese virologist Dr. Michiaki Takahashi
- India Republic Day | Doodle | Message | Quote | Wishes | Images
- Google doodle celebrates Social Reformer Fatima Sheikh’s 191st Birthday
- Stephen Hawking’s 80th Birthday
- New Year’s Day – 2022 – The Next Big Thing in New Year’s Day – Google Doodle
- New Year’s Eve 2021 – Google Celebrates with Doodle
- Phở: Animated Google doodle to celebrate the delicious Pho noodle soup
- Covid Vaccine near me – Google Doodle Today
- Celebrating Pizza – Why is Google Doodle Celebrating Pizza Today in India?
- Oman National Day 2021 | Google Doodle
- Fanny Hensel Birthday: Google honours with Doodle – Why Google is celebrating her birthday?
- Dr. Kamal Ranadive’s 104th Birthday – Doodle
- Google Doodle: Kanō Jigorō’s 161st Birthday.
- Sivaji Ganesan’s 93rd Birthday! Lights, Camera, Happy Birthday Sivaji Ganesan!
- Google’s 23rd Birthday
Google Doodles are a tool on the company’s homepage that are often used to highlight world issues, historic events, and celebrations around the globe.
The homepage for Google Search is one of the most-viewed web pages on the planet as it powers billions of searches on a daily basis. Right above the search box, though, Google’s logo appears, and on occasion, it’ll add something extra by using a “Doodle.” These Doodles can be as simple as additions to the traditional logo, but often go as far as completely redesigning Google’s logo with artistic creations.
Check out all the Google Doodle History on google.com/doodles