The shortlists for the ICC Awards 2021, the annual event celebrating the achievements in cricket through the year, will be announced from 28 December.
After a year that comprised major international events such as the ICC World Test Championship Final and the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 apart from numerous bilateral series in which records were broken, the ICC Awards 2021 promises intrigue.
Here’s everything you need to know about ICC Awards 2021.
What are the categories?
This year’s awards will comprise a total of 13 individual awards in all, as well as five Team of the Year announcements for each format across both men’s and women’s cricket.
The individual award categories are:
– Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year
– Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Emerging Men’s Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Emerging Women’s Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Men’s Associate Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Women’s Associate Cricketer of the Year
– ICC Spirit of Cricket Award
– ICC Umpire of the Year
Who are in contention?
The nominees for each of the first seven categories will be announced from 28 December to 31 December.
Each of those seven categories will have a shortlist of four nominees, comprising players who have had the most impactful performances in the period under consideration – 1 January 2021 to December 31 2021.
The nominees will be decided by the Awards panel, comprising prominent cricket journalists and broadcasters from across the globe along with Geoff Allardice, the ICC’s CEO.
How will the winners be decided?
The Voting Academy, comprising a wider selection of global cricket journalists and broadcasters, will vote for their first, second and third choices for each category.
The ICC will also take into consideration fans’ votes via ICC’s digital channels.
The result of the Voting Academy selections and the fans’ vote will be combined to determine the winner in each of the first seven categories.
How are the Team of the Years decided?
The ICC Team of the Year for each category will be decided by the Voting Academy via an online survey – each member of the Voting Academy will select their teams in batting order and nominate a captain from their selections for each format.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners for each category will be announced in January.
The official ICC Team of the Years are set to be announced on 17 and 18 January. The individual awards pertaining to women’s cricket will be announced on 23 January. The men’s awards, as well as the Spirit of Cricket and Umpire of the Year award, will be announced on 24 January. Source: www.icc-cricket.com
You may also interested to Read
- List of cricketers biography and autobiography
- England crowned champions of the ICC T20 World Cup 2022: England beat Pakistan to lift the T20 World Cup 2022
- T20I Greatest XI Players – Best Team of All Time
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup EAP Qualifiers: All you need to know about the event
- Black Caps New Zealand: Colin de Grandhomme retires from international cricket
- T20 World Cup SQUAD Group – Join Facebook Group Today to Support your team
- Aus Vs SL 2022: Stand collapses in heavy rain at first Test between Australia and Sri Lanka
- PCB to Challenge IPL Proposed Extended Window
- Ind vs SL Mohali Tickets: 1st Test Match in Mohali | Virat Kohli’s 100th Test | 50% Fans Allowed | Book Now
- Ajinkya Rahane: Someone else took credit for my decisions in The Ashes Test – Australia
- Breaking News: Virat Kohli Steps down as India’s Test Captain | Quits Test Captaincy | Analysis | Statistics
- ICC Awards 2021 – Result will be on this date
- T20 World Cup Prize money announced by ICC, How Much Prize money for Winners, Runners.
- Batter to replace term ‘batsman’ from upcoming T20 World Cup
- World Test Championship – India Vs New Zealand
- ICC Ranking: Test, 2021, T20I, ODI, and Team
- IND vs AUS 3rd Test
- India vs Australia 2nd Test Team India for 2nd test Announced
- ICC Player of the Decade