India creates history, wins series 2-1
- A fearless India, driven by its courageous youngsters, pulled of an exhilarating three-wicket win over Australia in the fourth Test to claim the Title
- Rishabh Pant led the chase with his aggressive yet mature unbeaten 89 while Shubman Gill scored 91 in the 4th Test at Brisbane
- Ravi Shastri, Ajinkya Rahane get emotional after India win series in Australia. India put on a courageous display to chase down 328 on the final day of the fourth Test to clinch the series 2-1 and become the first team to beat Australia at the Gabba in 32 years.
- Virat Kohli on India’s historic series win vs Australia: For those who doubted us, stand up and take notice.
- India tour of Australia: Virat Kohli was all praise for Ajinkya Rahane and his men who breached the Gabba fortress to seal a 2-1 series win over Australia and retain the Border-Gavaskar trophy.
- Highlights India vs Australia 4th Test Day 5 Gabba, Brisbane Today’s Match Scorecard AS IT HAPPENED: Rishabh Pant, Shubman Gill Help IND Register Historic Series Win; Retain Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Team India’s terrific test series win today over Australia
- Pant has played 15 Tests and averages 40.66, with two centuries and three half-centuries.
- The visitors have to score 324 on Day 5 of the series-decider, while the hosts just need 10 wickets, making for an exciting contest.
- CHOPRA: THE WIN WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO PANT
‘The depth of Indian cricket is scary’ – AB de Villiers
This win is going in history books ! Young team beating a experienced Australian side I don’t think I was so proud while I was playing for india #Unbelievable stuff #test cricket at it’s best ongratulations boys – Yuvraj Singh
- What a Test match! The depth of Indian Cricket is scary. @RishabhPant17 , sweet number 17. Well played young man. #testcricket at its very best – AB de Villiers
- Well done India! That was pretty damn amazing – Dale Steyn
- India thoroughly deserved to win this series, against all odds they stood tall. Australia has some serious thinking to do, had the advantage of home series, fitness and the toss across the series!-Tom Moody
- Congrats to the Indian cricket team @BCCI That’s one of the best series wins I can ever remember on Aust soil & to do it after being bowled out for 36, plus a depleted squad-shows tremendous character, resilience, courage & belief. Just fantastic @RaviShastriOfc @ajinkyarahane88 – Shane Wane
- Historic series win for Team India! Youngsters delivered when it mattered, with Gilll and Pant in the forefront. Hats off to Ravi Shastri and the support staff for their part in this turnaround! So so proud of this bunch, this is one for the ages – VVS Laxman
- Never like comparing but this has got to be India’s greatest overseas series win. This team should be extremely proud of what they have achieved – Ajit Agarkar
- A victory for the ages for @BCCI over @CricketAus at The Gabba. Magnificent resolve and tenacity from India’s depleted team, a triumph that makes this one of the greatest wins of all time! “When Actions Speak Louder Than Words” – Alan Wilkins
- Many congratulations Team India for the fabulous show of character and skill. A wonderful test series with the perfect result. Hopefully the end of discussion of 4 day tests for a while. – Anil Kumble
- One of the greatest test series wins ever. Congrats India and well played Australia, what a series – Sundar Pichai
- This is why test cricket is the best challenge for a cricketer.. well done @BCCI .. what a game. Brilliant series to watch. Cricket was a winner today – Mahela Jayawardena /@MahelaJay
- Wow!! Well done @BCCI!! What a performance!! So many world class players missing through the series and in this Test match! Young players stepping up and performing against a top @CricketAus side.. Such strength in depth for India at the moment in all formats!!! – Ian Bell
- Wow what a series! Absolute pleasure watching #TeamIndia you’ve made us all incredibly proud. A historic day for the team, massive congratulations! – Smiriti Mandhana
- Two back to back series wins IN Australia. Hats off to this team! – Wassim Jaffer
- Wow .. That has to go down as one of the greatest if not the greatest Test victory of all time !! Egg on my face over here in the UK .. but I love to see character & skill .. India have it in abundance .. btw @RealShubmanGill & @RishabhPant17 are future superstars ! Michael Vaughan
- India have created the greatest moment in their Test history
- Ravi Shastri: ‘This will go down in history as one of the greatest series ever played’
Loving the Olympic flag vibe celebrations from Indian Team! That’s an absolutely unbelievable win, serious resilience and Historic Event!!!
WHAT A WIN!!! Yessssss. To everyone who doubted us after Adelaide, stand up and take notice. Exemplary performance but the grit and determination was the standout for us the whole way. Well done to all the boys and the management. Enjoy this historic feat lads. Cheers @BCCI – Virat Kohli Tweet
EVERY SESSION WE DISCOVERED A NEW HERO. Every time we got hit, we stayed put & stood taller. We pushed boundaries of belief to play fearless but not careless cricket. Injuries & uncertainties were countered with poise & confidence. One of the greatest series wins! Congrats India. – Sachin Tendulkar
Gill fell short of his century, falling for 91, while Pujara was given lbw for 56 from 211 balls. The Indians retained the Border-Gavaskar series following a 2-1 series win against Australia.
The Aussies’ loss to India marks the first time the hosts have lost at the Gabba in 32 years. India Vs Australia – THE BEST SERIES FOR INDIA IN AUSTRALIA
India Tour Of England Test - Team Squad Announced
There’s a return of some big names in India’s squad to face England in the first two Test matches, whilst Sundar and Thakur remain after their heroics in Brisbane
Live Cricket Score: Get Live Cricket Score, Ball by Ball Commentary, Scorecard Updates, Match Facts & related News of all the International & Domestic Cricket Matches, Live matches, scores, news, highlights, commentary, rankings, videos, and fixtures from the International Cricket Council and across the world.
Live Cricket Score for India vs Australia
4th Test: India 4/0 chasing 328 to win against Australia as rain forces early stumps on Day 4 today. The inspiring spells of Siraj (5/73) and Thakur (4/61) who combined to take nine wickets in Australia’s second innings. Australia bowled out! India need 328 to win series
Mohammed Siraj stars against Australia with 5-wicket haul
Mohammed Siraj did not go home in November when his father died, deciding instead to stay in Australia and try to fulfill his dad’s dream. “If he was alive, he would’ve been so happy,” Siraj said. “But I had his blessings and that’s why I took five wickets today. I’m speechless today, about this performance.”
Cricket News Live Update and Top Trending News
- Indian team for showing “something extraordinary” in the ongoing cricket series – Sunil Gavaskar
- Extremely impressed with the fighting attitude shown by @Sundarwashi5 and @imShard. They have symbolised what India has been in this series, consistently punching above their weight. It is so satisfying to see. – Harsha Bogle
Extremely impressed with the fighting attitude shown by @Sundarwashi5 and @imShard. They have symbolised what India has been in this series, consistently punching above their weight. It is so satisfying to see.— Harsha Bhogle (@bhogleharsha) January 17, 2021
- Jasprit Bumrah and Ravichandran Ashwin, who missed the fourth Test against Australia due to injuries, have resumed bowling in the nets.
- India vs Australia: Sachin Tendulkar Praises Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur For Gabba Exploits – Master Blaster Sachin
- “Well done Mohd. Siraj on your 1st fifer and @imShard on your important all-round performance which has kept the Test rather interesting so far and more importantly, the Test series alive,” Tendulkar tweeted.
- Australia vs India: Australia Have To Be Patient, Bowl In Good Areas On Day 5, Says Steve Smith. Steve Smith said that with the Gabba pitch deteriorating, if Australia bowl in good areas, the natural variation will “do its work”. Be patient, let the pitch do its work: Smith’s mantra for Day 5 success
- India squad for first two England Tests to be picked on January 19
- ‘Tim Paine’s bizarre tactics have put India on top,’ reckons @parthiv9 on #CricbuzzChatter as he discusses Australia’s tactic to bat post Tea on Day 4 of the #GabbaTest
India vs Australia: Mohammed Siraj claims maiden Test five-wicket-haul, ends India’s 17-year-long wait
- Mohammed Siraj, who had a promising start to his Test career with five wickets in Melbourne, led from the front and claimed his maiden five-wicket haul in Tests.
- Over-by-over report: Australia were all out for 294, leaving India a target of 328 runs to win the fourth Test at the Gabba.
- India (IND) vs Australia (AUS) highlights 4th Test Day 4: Rain abandoned the play on Day 4 the last session of the daywhen India were 4/0, Required 324 runs to win.
India Vs Australia: IND vs AUS, 4th Test Highlights, Day 1: T Natarajan Impress On Day 1; Australia In Control after Marnus Labuschagne century. India vs Australia, Live Cricket Score and Live Updates for the 4th Test at Brisbane, Day 1 and Day 2 match delayed due to Rain and ground wet field
4th Test Match – India Vs Australia in Brisbane
Test debutant both T Natarajan and Washington Sunday was the top performer on the day for India, taking two crucial wickets. Another Injury in Indian Team: Team India suffered another injury setback after pacer Navdeep Saini had to be taken for scans, after complaining of pain in his groin.
4th Test Day 1
Ind vs Aus 4th Test Day 1 – AUS 274/5. Green, Paine rebuilt the innings after the fall of two quick wickets to control the damage for Australia. Get India in Australia cricket scores, schedule, results, fixtures, highlights, photos here in criiic.com. Another Incident in Brisbane after Sydney: Unruly group of fans call Siraj, Sundar ‘grubs’.
Day 2 – 4th Test Match
India vs Australia, Live Cricket Score, 4th Test at Brisbane, Day 2: Rain delays start of play after tea. Day 2 honours should go to India. With an inexperienced bowling attack, they restricted Australian first innings to 369 after the hosts resumed innings today at 274/5. Rohit batted well for his 44 before his attacking style of play led to his fall, yet again. Pujara and Rahane have looked assured in the middle and India, trailing by 307, need them to carry on for long.
Natarajan and Sundar took 3 wickets each on their debut match with brilliant performance as a youngster against the top test team Australia in Australia. It is not as easy as look and they both player exceptionally well.
India Vs Australia at Brisbane Ground
David Warner Apology to Siraj: “I’d also like to say sorry to @mohammedsirajofficial and the Indian team as racism, and abuse is not in any way acceptable or tolerated anywhere at any time, and I would expect better from our home crowd,” Warner said in an Instagram post. The Australian team gave Nathan Lyon a Guard of Honour on the occasion of his 100th Test. It’s a landmark 100th Test for Australia’s champion off-spinner Nathan Lycon
India Vs Australia Team
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane(c), Mayank Agarwal, Rishabh Pant(w), Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Navdeep Saini, Mohammed Siraj, T Natarajan
Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Matthew Wade, Cameron Green, Tim Paine(w/c), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood
4th Test – Captain Words
Ajinkya Rahane: We had to make changes, but it’s an opportunity for others. Looking forward to starting well. Both the debutants play the shorter formats, just want them to enjoy the game. Ashwin, Bumrah, Jadeja, Vihari are out. Thakur, Mayank, Natarajan and Sundar are playing. This is a big rivalry for us. We don’t want to think too far ahead, just want to start well.
Tim Paine: We will bat first. It’s good to be back out here, we have played good cricket here. It’s a bit dry and you can see a few cracks already, but should be a good pitch to bat for the first two days. Great opportunity for Marcus Harris.
Australia have won the toss and have opted to bat4th Test Match Between India and Australia today
Today’s Match Debut from Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu duo of Washington Sundar and T Natarajan are making their Test debuts.
Who will win this 4th Test Match?
Register your option in the comment below.