All the 10 New Captain Announced for IPL 2022 and it has been revealed for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 15th Edition. IPL is a professional league for Twenty20 cricket in India. A captain is a player who leads the team and has additional roles and responsibilities. The action pack for the IPL Auction is getting bigger and better for IPL 2022. IPL 2022 Auction: 10 IPL Team Captain has been announced. Check out the list for the IPL auction 2022.
10 New Captain Announced for IPL 2022. Check out the List
- Chennai Super Kings (CSK): 4-time champions Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will most probably see MS Dhoni lead the team for one last time. There is a Chance for change in captaincy within this league to Jadeja as Transition. Need to wait for the confirmed news from CSK offiicals.
- Mumbai Indians (MI): 5-time champions Mumbai Indians (MI) will lead IPL’s most successful franchise for the 10th successive time. The 34-year-old recently named the new white-ball captain of the Indian cricket team. MI have retained Rohit Sharma for Rs 16 crore.
- Delhi Capitals (DC): Rishabh Pant took the captaincy in the absence of injured Shreyas Iyer. A fit Iyer returned for the second leg, however Pant continued as the captain. He lead the team to the playoffs and will be seen donning the captaincy cap again in the IPL 2022.
- Rajasthan Royals (RR): Wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson was retained for Rs 14 crore by the the Rajasthan Royals and will be seen leading the side once again in the upcoming IPL 15.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): Kane Williamson took over the captaincy from David Warner during IPL 2021 and the Kiwi star will be seen marshalling the Orange Army in another season. The 2016 champions retained Williamson for Rs 14 crore, while Warner was released.
- Punjab Kings (PBKS): Head coach Anil Kumble has confirmed that the franchise will like to build a team around Mayank Agarwal. The Karnataka star was franchise’s top pick during the retention as he got Rs 12 crore.
- Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): KKR released their captain Eoin Morgan and vice-captain Dinesh Karthik ahead of the mega auction. The 2-time champions are most likely to give the captaincy opportunity to West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell who was their first choice in retention. The hard-hitting batsman has shown loyalty to the franchise and spent 8 seasons with them so far. Check out KKR Troll Dhoni.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB): Australian all-rounder Maxwell was RCB’s second pick during the retentions and the franchise has a good captaincy candidate in him. Virat Kohli has stepped down from the captaincy and AB de Villiers has retired from all forms of cricket. That said, RCB could eye someone like David Warner at the auctions. He has a proven track record as a captain and also looks like an ideal overseas replacement of de Villiers.
- Lucknow: The good news from Lucknow camp is that deal with KL Rahul as captain, KL Rahul was bought for Rs 17 crore, Marcus Stonis & uncapped Ravi Bishnoi fetched Rs 9.2 crore & Rs 4 respectively.
- Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad IPL franchise is all set to announce Hardik Pandya (Captain), Rashid Khan and Shubman Gill as their three draft picks ahead of IPL 2022 Auction. But interestingly, Ahmedabad will pay Rs 15 crore each to both Hardik and Rashid while the former is going to lead the side. Shubman will be paid Rs 8 Crore.
10 Team Captains
Dhoni (CSK), Rohit Sharma (MI), Maxwell / Warner (RCB), Kane (SRH), Sanju Samson (RR), Hardik Pandya (Ahmedabad), KL Rahul (Lucknow), Russell (KKR), Mayank Agarwal (PBKS) and Pant (Delhi Capitals).