IPL Retention 2022 – A Complete Breakdown of the Players
VIVO IPL 2022 Player Retention: A complete breakdown of the VIVO IPL 2022 Player Retention. Here you can check out the IPL 2022 Retention full list of players retained by all 8 franchises, available purse value, salary of the retained players and more updates.
The window for the franchises to retain players for the VIVO Indian Premier League 2022 season closed on 30th November 2021. With a total salary cap of INR 90 crores available at the mega auction for each team, the eight franchises were eligible to retain up to 4 players with a maximum of 3 Indians, 2 overseas players and 2 uncapped Indians.
Each of the eight franchises used the Player Retention option with Chennai Super Kings (CSK), Delhi Capitals (DC), Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and Mumbai Indians (MI) opting to retain 4 players each.
Rajasthan Royals (RR), Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) have retained 3 players each.
While Punjab Kings (PBKS) have retained 2. The PBKS thus have the highest salary purse available with INR 72 crore while Delhi Capitals have least at INR 47.50 to be used at the mega auction.
There are total just 27 players retained by 8 teams. Out of the 27 retained players, 8 are overseas and 4 are uncapped Indians (which is surprised the cricket lovers).
A detailed breakup of the players retained, total amount spent, retention deduction and the purse available is provided below.
|Franchise||Salary||Salary Purse Available|
|Chennai Super Kings||48|
|M S Dhoni||12|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||56|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||57|
- Exceeds: If the League Fee agreed with a Retained Player exceeds the relevant prescribed amount, then an amount equal to that higher League Fee shall be deducted from the relevant Franchisee’s Salary Cap.
- Lesser: If the League Fee agreed with a Retained Player is less than the relevant prescribed amount, then an amount equal to the relevant prescribed amount shall be deducted from the relevant Franchisee’s Salary Cap.
IPL Retention 2022 Live Updates On Retention List, Retained And Released Players Live Blog, Remaining Purse Value Of All 8 Teams and all the latest update available on IPL Blog.
You may also interested to read
- Who is Tim David? Meet the New IPL Millionnaire and Singapore-Australian Cricketer
- WPL Poll of the Day: Women’s Premier League 2023 Match Today
- Dewald Brevis – off to an impactful start at the IPL & SA20
- CWG 2022 Opening Ceremony Updates: Commonwealth Games – Highlights from Birmingham 2022, England
- Dhoni Unacademy Film | Lesson No.7 | Watch Ad Film to Break Barriers | HD