- 1 RR vs RCB Qualifier 2
- 2 RR vs RCB Highlights:
- 3 Jos Buttler remembers Shane Warne
- 4 Jos Buttler on his scintillating show
- 5 Jos Buttler picks up Player of the Match trophy
- 6 Sanju Samson on Rajasthan’s win
- 7 Kumar Sangakkara recalls facing Shane Warne
- 8 Rajasthan chase second title
- 9 Faf du Plessis on RCB’s season
- 10 Jos Buttler joins Virat Kohli
- 11 STAT: Hundreds in IPL Play Offs
- 12 Most 100s in IPL
- 13 Stat: Most hundreds in a T20 series
RR vs RCB Qualifier 2
IPL Today’s Match Highlights : Jos Buttler helps Rajasthan beat Bangalore; Enters into IPL Final 2022
RR vs RCB Highlights:
Q2: RR vs RCB – Match Highlights / IPL T20 RR vs RCB Highlights: Rajasthan (RR) beat Bangalore (RCB) by 7 Wickets;
- Buttler helps Rajasthan beat Bangalore:
- Jos Buttler steals the show in the Qualifier-2. He finishes on an unbeaten 106 off just 60 balls!
- What a season he’s had so far!
- Jos helps Rajasthan set up final clash against Gujarat Titans.
- Fourth IPL ton of the season for Buttler!
Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore, IPL 2022 Highlights: Jos Buttler slammed hundred off just 59 balls as Rajasthan booked the finals berth with seven-wicket win. Follow Highlights of the RR vs RCB Indian Premier League, Qualifier 2, at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- Jos Buttler slammed a ton
- Prasidh Krishna and Obed McCoy picked up three wickets as Rajasthan Royals
- RR as a team booked the finals berth with a seven-wicket win over Bangalore at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
- Rajasthan now face Gujarat Titans in the final on Sunday night.
- Chasing 158 for the win, Buttler slammed his fourth century of the season to turn the game on its head.
- Buttler was assisted by Yashasvi Jaiswal, who slammed a quick-fire 13-ball 21 at the start.
- Sanju Samson also chipped in with 23 off 21 deliveries.
- Earlier, Patidar played with supreme confidence after high-profile openers Virat Kohli (7) and Faf du Plessis (25) failed to come up with impactful knocks.
- The uncapped Indian hit a 42-ball 58 but his effort was the lone bright spot of the RCB innings.
- Royals gained the upper hand by taking five wickets in the last five overs that went for only 34 runs.
- Krishna, hammered for three straight sixes in the final over against Gujarat, lifted his game in the slog overs as well to dismiss the in-form Dinesh Karthik and Wanindu Hasaranga off successive balls.
Jos Buttler remembers Shane Warne
“Shane Warne is such an influential figure for the Rajasthan Royals and having led the team to success in the first season, we will miss him dearly, but we know he is looking down on us with a lot of pride today,” says Buttler.
Jos Buttler on his scintillating show
“I came into the season with very low expectations, but with a lot of energy and excitement and to be stood here now and have the season I had with such a great team and get us into the finals is incredibly exciting. I had a tournament of two halves,” says Jos Buttler on his batting show.
“I had some really honest conversations with some close people around me, Kumar Sangakarra and Trevor Penny. I was feeling a bit of pressure, getting distracted and I was tried to supress it and it was only until a week ago or so I opened up inside and talking about that made me feel a lot better going into Kolkata.”
Jos Buttler picks up Player of the Match trophy
Record innings from Buttler! His 106 not out came from 60 balls and included 10 fours and six sixes. He picks up the player-of-the-match trophy.
Sanju Samson on Rajasthan’s win
“It was tough (after a loss in the last game), but we are used to bouncing back in the tournament. In IPL it’s very normal that yoy go ups and downs throughout the tournament. We lost a few games, we knew how to come back and we did really well. The wicket was a bit sticky and was helping the fast bowlers a bit, it had really good bounce and was easier playing the spinners,” says Sanju Samson.
Kumar Sangakkara recalls facing Shane Warne
“We want to spend 95 per cent of our purse, We did almost 8 months of work with our new investors. That has paid off. We avoided just looking at specific players. The core of our group is a group of seasoned international players.”
“I remember playing against Rajasthan. Warnie was the captain and I got caught and bowled off him. Then they went on a dream run. We would look to get the basics right against Gujarat. Whoever plays better on that day will win,” says Kumar Sangakkara.
Rajasthan chase second title
Rajasthan Royals made major changes at the auction and the move has done wonders for the inaugural IPL champions. They had won it in 2008 under Shane Warne… can they do it again on Sunday night?
Faf du Plessis on RCB’s season
“It has been a great season for RCB. My first season to see how special the crowds have been for us. Harshal, DK… all the guys who are picked for India deserve it. I stand proud of the team even though we were not at our best tonight and against a very strong Rajasthan Royals side,” says RCB captain Faf.
“There is some really nice young talent in our squad, and you have a three-year plan. That’s what you look to maximise. You can see how good Rajat has been after he came in. Our fans have been the most obvious thing. You go to any game anywhere and you have RCB-RCB chanted.”
Jos Buttler joins Virat Kohli
The anti-climatic game ended with Jos Buttler hitting his fifth IPL ton. He joins Virat Kohli in the list of most hundreds in the IPL. Chris Gayle heads the panel with six IPL hundreds under his belt.
STAT: Hundreds in IPL Play Offs
122 V Sehwag PBKS v CSK 2014 (Q2)
117*S Watson CSK v SRH 2018 (Final)
115*W Saha PBKS v KKR 2014 (Final)
113 M Vijay CSK v DC 2012 (Q2)
112*R Patidar RCB vs LSG 2022 (Eliminator)
106*J Buttler RR vs RCB 2022 (Q2)
Most 100s in IPL
6 Chris Gayle
5 Virat Kohli/ Jos Buttler
4 Shane Watson/ David Warner/ KL Rahul
Stat: Most hundreds in a T20 series
4 Virat Kohli (IPL 2016)
4 Jos Buttler (IPL 2022) *
3 Michael Klinger (T20 Blast 2015)
RR vs RCB Qualifier 2 full match highlights from the Indian Premier League on Disney+ Hotstar.
RR vs RCB Highlights Qualifier 2: Jos Buttler slammed a ton after Prasidh Krishna and Obed McCoy picked up three wickets