Top 10 highest spending Teams in the IPL
The bidding event was certainly action-packed as several players went big under the hammer and lot of spending from all the teams. These teams are widely-known for breaking the bank to sign the most talented players available at the earliest in IPL Mega Auction day 1.
Charu Sharma back in the action today on Day 2 of mega IPL auctions. Clearly big hitters were the favourites with Liam Livingstone being chased by many teams before being picked finally by Punjab Kings for Rs. 11.5 crore. Punjab also picked WI big hitter Odean Smith for Rs 6 cr.
- Punjab Kings buy big hitters Liam Livingstone (Rs 11.5 crore), Odean Smith (Rs 6 crore)
- No takers for Pujara, Smith, Finch, James Neesham, and Eoin Morgan
- Total Money Spent by 10 franchises: Rs 3,88,10,00,000 (Rs 3.88 billion)
- Total players sold: 74 (Overseas 20)
- Biggest Buy at Auction: Ishan Kishan (India, Mumbai Indians) Rs 15.25 crore
- The best team with less spending was Punjab Kings. They do have a remaining purse value of 3.45 crore in hand.
The New IPL team Lucknow Super Giants cracked the top spot this year IPL Auction. The completely spent the entire money on the players and there is no funds remaining. They are the only team who spent the entire amount without any balance for the season.
Let’s look at teams who spent the most
The highest spending Teams of IPL 2022 Mega Auction are listed below after the two days of the mega-auction for IPL 2022 in Bengaluru, which featured bidding wars, here’s how much purse each team is left with on Sunday and who spent the most.
|TEAM||Purse (INR)||Funds Remaining|
|Lucknow Super Giants||90 Crore||–|
|Delhi Capitals||89.9 Crore||0.10|
|Mumbai Indians||89.9 Crore||0.10|
|Sunrisers Hyderabad||89.9 Crore||0.10|
|Gujarat Titans||89.9 Crore||0.15|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||89.6 Crore||0.45|
|Rajasthan Royals||89.1 Crore||0.95|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||88.5 Crore||1.55|
|Chennai Super Kings||87.1 Crore||2.95|
|Punjab Kings||86.6 Crore||3.45|