MS Dhoni: 41 Facts on 41st Birthday of Former Indian captain MS Dhoni turned 41 on Thursday 7th July.
MS Dhoni/Date of birth
Table of Content
7 July 1981
age 41 years
Top 10 | 41 Facts on 41st Birthday
- He is the only captain to have won all three major ICC trophies – World Cup, One-day Internationals World Cup and Champions Trophy
- Dhoni is one of the many successful cricketers’ who started their career with a duck. Sachin Tendulkar is also part of the least-honorable club.
- In an Afro-Asian match, MS Dhoni’s 218-run partnership with Mahela Jayawardene in 2007 was the highest 6th wicket partnership in ODIs then.
- MS Dhoni holds the record for the highest score by a wicketkeeper with an unbeaten 183 against Sri Lanka in 2005.
- In the same innings, Dhoni became first Indian player to smash 10 sixes in a single ODI.
- MS Dhoni is the first-ever captain to win the T20 World Cup. India beat Pakistan in final.
- The legendary player was given his debut by Sourav Ganguly, then played under Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli and most recently played under Ravindra Jadeja at Chennai Super Kings.
- As skipper of Chennai Super Kings, Dhoni has won both IPL and now-defunct Champions League T20.
- Dhoni has played in 10 IPL finals – 9 for CSK and 1 for Rising Pune Supergiants.
- With 4 IPL titles as captain, Dhoni is the second most successful captain in IPL history after Rohit Sharma.
Top 20 | Facts
- In 2009 Champions Trophy, Dhoni parted with gloves and bowled an over and remarkably scalped the wicket of Travis Dowlin.
- MS Dhoni is the only captain to win a bowl-out in T20I cricket after India beat Pakistan at 2007 T20 World Cup.
- Despite being a big success in the international arena, MS Dhoni never won the Ranji Trophy or any domestic tournament.
- Dhoni was the first Indian captain to win a Test series on New Zealand soil in 41 years in 2009.
- MS Dhoni was ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2008 & 2009. He has also won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007.
- MS Dhoni holds the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in Indian Army.
- Dhoni has the most number of appearances in IPL Playoffs.
- In 2010/11 India managed to draw Test series against South Africa in South Africa. That remains to be the only instance of India avoiding a Test series defeat on South African soil.
- MS Dhoni remains to be the only player to smash more than 8,000 runs in ODI cricket while batting at number 5 to 7 position.
- MS Dhoni is the only player to captain more than 30 games in T20 World Cup. Also, India remains to be the only team so far to have used only 1 captain in T20 World Cup from 2007-2016. 22.
Top 30 on 41st Birthday
- MS Dhoni as captain won two Asia Cup in 2010 and 2016. Though he stepped down from captaincy post 2016, during Asia Cup 2018, he got the opportunity to play his 200th ODI match as captain.
- MS Dhoni remains to be the only wicket-keeper to have made more than 100 stumpings in ODIs.
- MS Dhoni has played 332 games as captain in international cricket which remains to be the highest for any player.
- MS Dhoni is the only player to be involved in having 2000+ runs partnerships for the fifth wicket.
- Dhoni started his career as football goalkeeper.
- Dhoni was the first player to record an annual brand value of Rs 300 Crores.
- MS Dhoni became the first Indian player to smash 200 sixes in ODIs on 30th June 2017.
- MS Dhoni was honoured with the Padma Shri award in 2009 & also with the Padma Bhushan award in 2018.
- MS Dhoni as wicket-keeper has effected 829 dismissals in international cricket which is 3rd highest after Mark Boucher & Adam Gilchrist.
- MS Dhoni has represented India in 535 international matches which is 2nd highest after Sachin Tendulkar. MS Dhoni has represented India in 347 ODIs, 90 Test matches and 98 T20Is.
Top 40 | 41 Facts on 41st Birthday
- MS Dhoni has overall captained 288 T20 matches which is again the most for any player.
- From 2010-2019, MS Dhoni played 143 matches, consecutively, for CSK and that remains to be the 3rd joint-highest for any player.
- MS Dhoni never scored an IPL hundred in 15 seasons.
- Dhoni was Ticket Checker (TC) in Indian Railways.
- Dhoni’s 13 seasons with CSK is the second joint-most with Kieron Pollard for a single team, with Virat’s 15 for RCB standing as the most.
- In January 2019 Dhoni became 5th Indian player to score 10000 ODI runs.
- With more than 100 wins to his name in IPL, Dhoni is the only captain to hold the accolade.
- In 2013, Dhoni led India to six consecutive Test match wins, a record for India.
- With 2 consecutive IPL titles, MS Dhoni was the first captain to lead a side to such distinction, only Mumbai Indians have replicated such feat.
- In a rare coincidence, Dhoni started and ended his international career with a run out, he was run out against Bangladesh in December 2004 and then in his final ODI for India in 2019.
Birthay Facts on his 41st Birthday
- MS Dhoni, who sported a grey blazer and black shades, was seen posing for a photo while watching a Wimbledon 2022 match on his 41st Birthday. MS Dhoni Watches Rafael Nadal’s Match At Wimbledon, Pic Goes Viral. Birthday boy MS Dhoni snapped enjoying tennis; MS Dhoni celebrates birthday from Wimbledon seats.