SA20 M01 MICT vs PR Highlights: Match Highlights MI Cape Town vs Paarl Royals, SA20 Opening match in Newlands | MI Cape Town Won by 8 Wickets
Match 1 MICT vs PR
M01 MICT vs PR Highlights: MI Cape Town won by 8 wickets with 27 balls remaining in the SA20 opening match of the Inaugural Season. Follow MI Cape Town vs Paarl Royals, 1st Match, Jan 10 Result Here with MICT VS PR, Scorecard, Highlights, MatchInfo, Result, Articles and Videos. In the opening fixture of the inaugural SA20 league, MI Cape Town clash against Paarl Royals in Newlands, Cape Town.
|Date||Time||League||Season||Fantasy Cricket||Live Streaming|
|January 10, 2023||8:00 pm||SA20 League||2023||Dewald Brevis||Sports18 and Viacom18 Sports|
- MI Cape Town Innings
- MI Cape Town won by 8 Wickets, D Brevis played a brilliant knock.
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 47 runs, 0 wicket)
- MI Cape Town: 50 runs in 6.3 overs (39 balls), Extras 1
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 39 balls (D Brevis 19, RD Rickelton 31, Ex 1)
- Strategic Timeout: MI Cape Town – 72/0 in 9.0 overs (D Brevis 34, RD Rickelton 36)
- D Brevis: 50 off 32 balls (2 x 4, 4 x 6)
- MI Cape Town: 100 runs in 12.2 overs (74 balls), Extras 3
- Over 12.2: Review by Paarl Royals (Bowling), Umpire – A Paleker, Batter – SM Curran (Struck down)
- Paarl Royals Innings
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 41 runs, 1 wicket)
- Paarl Royals: 50 runs in 7.5 overs (47 balls), Extras 3
- Strategic Timeout: Paarl Royals – 56/2 in 9.0 overs (JC Buttler 31, DJ Vilas 6)
- Paarl Royals: 100 runs in 14.2 overs (87 balls), Extras 6
- JC Buttler: 50 off 40 balls (6 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Innings Break: Paarl Royals – 142/7 in 20.0 overs (BC Fortuin 1)
Catch live cricket score and full scorecard of MICT vs PR T20 Match 1, SA20 League, 2023 on CriiicWorld.
MICT vs PR Match Result
MICT vs PR Results and Highlights
Watch Highlights MICT vs PR
MICT vs PR Highlights – It’s Brevis Day! Watch MI Cape Town vs Paarl Royals 1st Match 2023, SA20 Videos, full Match Highlights!
Post Match Presentation
Rashid Khan, MI Cape Town captain: So happy to be starting the new competition with a win. The way we started was great, and then we finished off with our batting. Looking forward to keeping this momentum. The bowling unit we have is one of the best. As a captain it makes it so easy because you have bowlers who can bowl in different stages. We just need to focus on doing the right things. (On Archer) It is super hard to be out for so long and come back this way. It was delightful to watch. We saw him in practice and knew that he was ready to go. It was superb to watch and to be on the same side as him. (On Brevis) The way he played tonight was amazing. We know how good a hitter he is. Important thing was he took his time today and the way he managed his innings and finished it was important. The youngsters are stepping up, they are working hard and I am super excited to be with them for the next few weeks. (On the crowd) Thanks to the crowd for supporting their home team. It is great to see the crowd back and it feels amazing to have that kind of support.
David Miller, Paarl Royals captain: Not a good start from us. I think it was a little bit tough when we batted up front. It got a little easier as it went on. They batted really well and put us under pressure. Our execution was not great either. We slipped up in a few areas and we will have to learn from those areas. There were two dropped catches which is never good in a T20 competition. He (Brevis) struck it really sweet and at the back end, it was good to watch. When Morgs and I were batting, we were having that chat about how him (Archer) being fit is great for world cricket.
Dewald Brevis, Player of the Match: I want to thank the crowd for their great support. I really enjoyed batting every single ball. I want to thank god as well. Absolutely grateful for this opportunity to play in front of my home crowd. He (de Villiers) has played a key role in my development as a player. He helped me through a lot and gives me the right advice. I could not wait for this day to see him (Archer), run in and bowl at pace. It is not my worry (that Livingstone and Rabada are returning), it is the other teams’ worry.
Man of the Match / POTM
|Player Of The Match||Dewald Brevis|
MI Cape Town Sixes
9 Sixes in total from MI Cape Town against Paarl Royals which made them to seal the deal in the inaugural season’s first match in Newlands.
- 15.1 Fortuin to van der Dussen, SIX, fuller on middle, Van der Dussen dances to the pitch and slams this over long-on for a maximum. It wasn’t middled and the bat turned as he played that, but he’ll still collect six
- 14.3 Codi Yusuf to Brevis, SIX, length ball that was pace off, Brevis waits and lifts it straight over the bowler’s head. This was a straight six, all bottom hand power. Dewald Brevis made it look super easy!
- 13.5 Simmonds to Sam Curran, SIX, Whacked!! And this is one of the many reasons the Punjab Kings broke the bank for Sam Curran This was a proper bouncer on off, Curran gives it a baseball club over wide long-on for a maximum. To hit a short ball in that direction takes some skill.
- 12.4 Shamsi to Sam Curran, SIX, drop followed by a six!! How often we see that? This was too leg side and Curran flicked it on its way over deep square leg
- 11.1 Adams to Brevis, SIX, Into the hills!! Full, nice half volley outside off. Brevis shuffles closer and gives it an almighty slog over cow corner. This went as long as it went high. Has a wry smile on his face after playing that shot, he’s enjoying himself. What a way to get to 50
- 10.3 Simmonds to Rickelton, SIX, slower delivery that was too straight. Rickelton easily clears his front leg and heaves it behind square for a maximum. It was the short boundary, but this would have cleared most fences…
- 9.2 Adams to Brevis, SIX, Wow!! You can watch these replays for days on end. Fuller on off, Brevis shuffles closer to whack it straight over the bowler’s head, deep into the stands..
- 8.1 Shamsi to Brevis, SIX, fuller and into the swinging arc for Brevis. He holds his shape nicely and gives it a very clean swing over cow corner. A six from the moment he Hit it shot
- 5.1 Codi Yusuf to Brevis, SIX, first maximum for Brevis!! This was full outside off, in the swinging arc for Dewald Brevis who totally dispatches this one over the bowler, over long-on for a six!!
|Match:||MICT vs PR, 1st Match, SA20, 2023|
|Date:||Tuesday, January 10, 2023|
|Toss:||MI Cape Town won the toss and opt to bowl|
|Venue:||Newlands, Cape Town|
MICT vs PR Squad
MI Cape Town Squad
|Playing:||Rassie van der Dussen, Grant Roelofsen (wk), Dewald Brevis, Ryan Rickelton, Delano Potgieter, George Linde, Sam Curran, Rashid Khan (c), Duan Jansen, Olly Stone, Jofra Archer|
|Bench:||Liam Livingstone, Kagiso Rabada, Odean Smith, Beuran Hendricks, Ziyaad Abrahams, Waqar Salamkheil, Wesley Marshall|
Paarl Royals Squad
|Playing:||Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (wk), Wihan Lubbe, Eoin Morgan, David Miller (c), Dane Vilas, Ferisco Adams, Bjorn Fortuin, Ramon Simmonds, Codi Yusuf, Tabraiz Shamsi|
|Bench:||Evan Jones, Andile Phehlukwayo, Lungi Ngidi, Obed McCoy, Corbin Bosch, Imran Manack, Mitchell Van Buuren|
|Ends:||Wynberg End, Kelvin Grove End|
|Hosts to:||Western Province|
MI Cape Town Win!
That was a fairly comfortable victory for MI Cape Town in the end and seal the deal for MI Cape Town with a bonus point!