Breaking News: Suresh Raina announces retirement from all forms of cricket
Suresh Raina Announces Retirement: Indian batter and Mr.IPL Suresh Raina on Tuesday announced retirement from all forms of cricket. The 35-year old cricket took to twitter to announce his retirment. “It has been an absolute honour to represent my country & state UP. I would like to announce my retirement from all formats of Cricket.” he tweeted.
Indian cricketer Suresh Raina on Tuesday announced his retirement from the Indian Premier League (IPL) and domestic cricket. However, he will feature in the upcoming Road Safety World Series and will be seen playing in foreign leagues as well.
“It has been an absolute honour to represent my country & state UP. I would like to announce my retirement from all formats of Cricket. I would like to thank @BCCI, @UPCACricket, @ChennaiIPL, @ShuklaRajiv sir & all my fans for their support and unwavering faith in my abilities,”Raina tweeted on Tuesday.
“The rule remains the same. Unless one has retired from all forms of the game and has no involvement in the IPL – as a coaching staff or playing staff – he cannot feature in other T20 leagues,” a top BCCI official said.
- Raina featured in 18 Tests, 226 ODIs and 78 T20Is for India
- He has been with Indian Cricket and international career spanning 13 years.
- He also had the honour of captaining the Indian team for a short time.
- Raina amassed 5615 runs from 226 ODIs and 1605 from 78 T20Is.
- Raina called as “Chinna Thala” in Chennai as part of CSK fans
- He is also called Mr. IPL
- He is one of the top run scorer of IPL history