India vs Sri Lanka 3rd T20 Highlights: Clinch Series, Historic Win and 12th Consecutive Victory
India vs Sri Lanka Highlights: Rohit collects the series trophy and poses with his team-mates. Clinch Series, Historic Win and 12th Consecutive Victory. That’s all we have from the T20I leg of this Sri Lanka tour.
The win in the third and final T20I also helped India extend their winning streak in T20Is to 12 as they equalled the world record for the most successive victories.
India registered their 12th consecutive T20I victory and fourth clean sweep under Rohit. India on Saturday had defeated the visitors to gain an undefeated 3-0 lead in the three-game series. Shreyas Iyer hit third consecutive fifty.
Shreyas Iyer, Player of the Match and Player of the Series: Obviously, all three fifties were special for me. Yesterday, winning the series…so yeah the last one. To be honest, you require just one ball to get in form. I’m really happy with whatever opportunities I got this series. To be honest, the wicket was a bit two-paced today and I was playing on merit and trying to punish the loose balls. You just have to back your instincts and be positive. It has been a roller-coaster journey for me from injury. To come out of injury and perform at this level is really heartening for me.
Shreyas Iyer on this Series. 3 Matches Consecutive Fifty and Consecutive Not Out
|India vs Sri Lanka 3rd T20I||73*||27-Feb-2022||Dharamsala|
|India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I||74*||26-Feb-2022||Dharamsala|
|India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I||57*||24-Feb-2022||Lucknow|
Rohit: I mean it’s a factor of everything that comes together. We played together and we played very well. A lot of positives from this series. That is something we’ve kept in mind – good to give opportunities to few of those guys. We do understand at times that we’ve held back but it’s important to tell the guys that you don’t have to worry about your positions in the team. We want to fill whatever gaps we have and we do have. We just want to move forward, It’s going to be a big challenge but it’s nice to have guys in form rather than not in form. If the guys the take the opportunity the way some of these guys have taken, you can move from strength to strength. Once we reach Mohali, we will start thinking about the Test series (laughs).
Shanaka: I would like to congratulate the Indian team. Coming to the hand, it’s a bit open near the fingers and need some stitches. Without some senior bowlers, it has been tough. We should’ve adapted to the conditions. Adapting to the conditions and situations wherever we go is a concern. The pace attack has been good throughout the last year; it’s about the control and I’m very much happy about my form. This is international cricket and we can’t complain about the conditions.
India vs Sri Lanka Highlights & Match Details
|Toss||Sri Lanka, elected to bat first|
|Series||Sri Lanka tour of India|
|Player Of The Match||Shreyas Iyer|
|Player Of The Series||Shreyas Iyer|
|Series result||India won the 3-match series 3-0|
|Match number||T20I no. 1494|
|Match days||27 February 2022 – night (20-over match)|
- Excellent series for India against Sri Lanka but a lot of work needed with ground fielding, catching and death bowling.
- 204 and not dismissed in the series for S. Iyer. Terrific skills and added headache for Indian selection options
- It’s going to be headache for selectors and team management to select between Shreyas or Pant or Suryakumar Yadav. Can’t imagine all three in the team as middle order.
- Rohit Sharma Surpass MS Dhoni of most T20I wins against SL by Indian Captain
- Rohit Sharma is one of the Greatest T20I player in the History. – Sunil Gavaskar (On Star Sports)
- Rohit Sharma Surpassing Malik and becomes the Most Capped T20i player.
- It’s been a dream captaincy debut for Rohit Sharma. Since taking over the role full-time, India have won 12 out of 12 international matches under him.
- Sanju Samson got an opportunity to play for Team india again.
- Rohit Sharma became 1st Indian Fielder to Caught 50 Catches in T20I format
- Shreyas Iyer and Ravindra Jadeja: Both remained not out collectively in all 3 games in this series.
- Shreyas Iyer became 2nd Indian to Score 3 Consecutive 50+ Scores in a T20I Series (after Virat Kohli)
- Rohit Sharma becomes the captain with most T20I wins at home. Surpassed Eoin Morgan. Best captain in the world.
- Shreyas Iyer became 1st Indian to score 200+ runs in a 3 match T20I Series
Sri Lanka innings Key Points
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 18 runs, 3 wickets)
- Over 2.1: Review by India (Bowling), Umpire – KN Ananthapadmanabhan, Batter – J Liyanage (Struck down)
- Drinks: Sri Lanka – 43/4 in 10.0 overs (LD Chandimal 10, MD Shanaka 7)
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 10.4 overs (64 balls), Extras 13
- Sri Lanka: 100 runs in 16.5 overs (101 balls), Extras 22
- 6th Wicket: 50 runs in 33 balls (MD Shanaka 31, C Karunaratne 10, Ex 9)
- MD Shanaka: 50 off 29 balls (7 x 4)
- Innings Break: Sri Lanka – 146/5 in 20.0 overs (MD Shanaka 74, C Karunaratne 12)
India innings Key Points
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 47 runs, 1 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 6.1 overs (37 balls), Extras 1
- Drinks: India – 86/2 in 10.0 overs (SS Iyer 42, DJ Hooda 20)
- SS Iyer: 50 off 29 balls (7 x 4, 1 x 6)
- India: 100 runs in 11.3 overs (69 balls), Extras 1