IND vs SA Series Draw: Rain washes out fifth T20I in Bengaluru, series shared 2-2
IND vs SA Series Draw, Bengaluru: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium hosted India and South Africa in the fifth and final match of the intriguing five-match T20I series on Sunday (19th June) in front of an expectant full-house crowd. But unfortunately, the rain inturrupted in the beginning of the game and it was eventually washed out after a heavy downpour in Bengaluru.
The fifth and final T20I match between India and South Africa has been abandoned due to persistent rain. Only 21 balls were bowled at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Match abandoned due to rain, India–SA series results in draw –
5th T20I in Bengaluru – India scores 28/2 (3.3 Overs)
- Ishan Kishan 15(7)
- Rituraj Gaikwad 10 (12)
- Shreyas Iyer* 0(1)
- Risabh Pant* 1(1)
Despite beginning final T20I in style, India lost two back to back wickets of Ishan Kishan and Rituraj Gaikwad. India has scored 28/2 runs in 3.3 overs. Rain has halted the match.
IND vs SA Series Draw 2-2
- India, South Africa Settle For 2-2 Series Draw With Decider Washed Out
- IND vs SA Series Draw: SA Tour of India series, which ended level at 2-2.
- India scores 28/2 in 3.3 overs, rains halts play
- Bhuveneshwar Kumar was named man of the series
- Rishabh Pant was left frustrated after losing five tosses in a row.
- South Afria not at all disappointed with this tour
- SA skipper Temba Bavuma sustained an elbow injury in the fourth T20I and got ruled out of the series decider.
- India’s search for white-ball series victory over South Africa on home soil continues
- Rahul Dravid will ponder over the poor form of top-order batters
- As much more was expected from the two: Shreyas Iyer and Ruturaj Gaikwad but disappointed
- South African skipper Keshav Maharaj had elected to bowl on rain affected fifth and final match of the series in Bengaluru
- India had lost two early wickets and were 28 for two after 3.3 overs before rain came back to play spoil sport.
India vs South Africa 5th T20: Playing XIs
Here’s the playing XI for both teams.
South Africa Squad: Quinton de kock, Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Tristan Stubbs, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj (capt), Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje