Tata Group Extends IPL Title Sponsorship Deal Till 2028 in Record-breaking Deal
In a historic move, Tata Group has extended its title sponsorship of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for a remarkable five-year period, spanning from 2024 to 2028. The conglomerate’s financial commitment of INR 2500 crores (approximately US$301 million) for this extension sets a new record as the “highest-ever sponsorship amount in the history of the league,” according to a statement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- Tata Group secures the IPL title sponsorship rights for an additional five years, from 2024 to 2028.
- The financial commitment of INR 2500 crores establishes a new benchmark, surpassing all previous sponsorship amounts in IPL history.
Continued Association with IPL
- Tata Group, having served as the IPL title sponsors in 2022 and 2023, reaffirms its commitment to the league’s growth and prominence.
- The conglomerate’s extended association includes the title sponsorship of the Women’s Premier League (WPL), showcasing a comprehensive commitment to cricket.
Global Impact and Recognition
- IPL Chairman Arun Singh Dhumal emphasizes the significant milestone in IPL’s journey with Tata Group’s extended collaboration.
- The unprecedented financial commitment underscores IPL’s position as a premier sporting event with global impact, resonating with audiences worldwide.
- The record-breaking financial commitment reflects the immense scale and global impact of the IPL on the international sports stage.
Quotes from Key Figures
- IPL Chairman Arun Singh Dhumal expresses gratitude for Tata Group’s commitment, highlighting the record-breaking sum as a testament to IPL’s value.
- BCCI Secretary Jay Shah commends the collaboration, emphasizing its embodiment of growth, innovation, and dedication to excellence.
The record-breaking deal showcases Tata’s unwavering support for cricket and its alignment with the IPL’s growth trajectory.