IRE vs ENG: Ireland won by 5 runs (DLS method)
Ireland won by 5 runs by D/L Method in the 20th Match, Group 1 (D/N), Melbourne, October 26, 2022, ICC Men’s T20 World Cup. The match has it been called off! Ireland win by five runs via DLS. England are five short of 110, the par score at the stage when rain interrupted play.
IRE vs ENG Highlights
- Rain: Ireland – 0/0
- Wet Ground: Ireland – 0/0
- Rain: Ireland – 0/0
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 59 runs, 1 wicket)
- Rain: Ireland – 11/0 in 1.3 overs (PR Stirling 8, A Balbirnie 2)
- Ireland: 50 runs in 5.2 overs (32 balls), Extras 6
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (A Balbirnie 16, LJ Tucker 29, Ex 5)
- Drinks: Ireland – 92/1 in 10.0 overs (A Balbirnie 41, LJ Tucker 30)
- Ireland: 100 runs in 11.2 overs (68 balls), Extras 7
- A Balbirnie: 50 off 40 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Ireland: 150 runs in 17.6 overs (108 balls), Extras 9
- Innings Break: Ireland – 157/10 in 19.2 overs (GJ Delany 12)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 37 runs, 3 wickets)
- England: 50 runs in 8.4 overs (52 balls), Extras 8
- Drinks: England – 63/3 in 10.0 overs (DJ Malan 23, HC Brook 17)
- England: 100 runs in 14.2 overs (86 balls), Extras 14
- Rain: England – 105/5 in 14.3 overs (MM Ali 24, LS Livingstone 1)
IRE Win vs ENG in T20 WC
2011: Ireland beat England in the 2011 ODI WC.
2022: Ireland beat England in the 2022 T20 WC.
Who Said What
Andy Balbirnie, Ireland Captain and POTM: We were disappointed with losing seven wickets. It was tough, their bowlers had good variations. But we were off the blocks with Lorcan Tucker. It’s amazing, kind of emotional. To come here against tournament favourites is amazing. A few of the fans in the crowd have extended their stay. Their support has been wonderful and will do a lot to grow the game back home. We have Afghanistan here on Friday, quick turnaround. Look forward to it. We were fortunate drops did not cost us but we need to improve.
Jos Buttler, England Captain: I thought we were poor in the first 10 overs and let them get away. We were not consistent enough, let them score on both sides of the wicket. The second ten overs were much better. We let them have 20-30 more in the first ten but pulled it back. Myself getting out first over didn’t help, we never managed to get initiative. The rain’s gotten heavier and heavier, so no problem of coming out when we did. Ireland were excellent, they outplayed us. We made a mistake here and has made it difficult in a tough group.
Josh Little was the star with the ball early on, he was unplayable with late swing and plenty of seam movement. His lengths were immaculate and led to Jos Buttler and Alex Hales’ dismissals. Adair assisted him and beat the bat often. McCarthy was good. Delany should have had three but had drop catches. In the end, it did not cost them the win.
Player of the Match
Andrew Balbirnie is Player of the Match in a famous win against England in T20 World cup 2022.
Check the complete T20 WC 2022 Player of the Match List
Ireland won by 5 runs (DLS method) Ireland vs England at MCG, Melbourne. Massive upset for England! Short of just 5 runs by England. Moin Ali tried to save England with his quick fireworks but doesn’t help to meet the expected score. Ireland won against England in T20 world cup is the big thing.